May 18, 2011

Wifely Gardening...

Several months ago, I decided I was going to plant a garden.(Our very first garden together) :) We live in Mendon, with Alan's parents, Roger and Donna McEvoy. :) Lucky for me, Rog is an expert gardener, and gave me lots of tips, and help! :D

I went to Anderson's Seed and Garden in town and grabbed all the things I wanted to plant  in our garden this summer:
My New Love- Yellow Squash
My Typical Summer Favorites- Roma Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Cantaloupe, Watermelon, and Pumpkins!

I'm sure as the years go by, I will plant more varieties of vegetables. For now, this will do. :)

Since Utah weather is never very sure about itself, things like Cantaloupe, Watermelon etc don't generally do very well since the summer season is unfortunately a little too short. So i was told that "Fast Break" Cantaloupe would be my best bet. The Store employee also picked me out some good watermelon too, (Breeds that would need a shorter growing season.)

and the PUMPKINS! I am SO excited for these! i got the brand that holds the record for "World's Largest Pumpkin." Now i don't know how big mine will actually get, (especially since I am NOT an expert gardener), but I'm excited to see!
                                Disclaimer: I have no idea who this kid is. :) But check out the pumpkin!
                                                


                                                     This is how I did it, just starting out:

               I found no reason to spend a lot of money on little cups, when I had all I needed right at home. :)



The little white markers were something I bought at Anderson's, just because I was there anyways, and they were cheap. But next year, I think I will just use popsicle sticks! Why not?
 As for how they look now, I have pictures, coming soon. Hopefully tomorrow. So far, everything is too little to plant outside, except for the PUMPKIN plant, and the yellow squash. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment