November 15, 2012

Oh boy.

It's been three weeks since we found out what we were having. It's a boy, an unexpected healthy boy. I say unexpected because I felt 80% sure it was a girl. I wasn't sure how I would feel if it was a boy. I think personally I was excited to dress a girl in lots of bows and glitter!

I would have loved to have my sister there, but she lives in California now. So I brought the next best thing, or rather next best people. Sarah, my best friend since 9th grade and my soon-to-be sister Britnee. Of course, I couldn't leave out my mom. It felt weird bringing so many people in with me, but I knew Britnee and Sarah would love to be a part of it, (since they never had before). Plus, I'm sure there has been more in the ultrasound room than that!

Have you ever gotten an ultrasound? On one side, I wanted the ultrasound tech to hurry and tell me BOY or GIRL!!! But on the other, it was so incredible seeing our little baby kick and move around like crazy. I don't feel the baby a lot because of where the baby implanted, which was a little nerve-wracking before I got to the ultrasound. He wouldn't stop moving around, but we couldn't get a great picture because he wouldn't move his arms out of the way. Snuggler. :)

This was right before we found out.
This was the exact moment she said it was a boy. I started hysterically crying, HAPPY tears.
The only thoughts I had was that Heavenly Father has a plan, and a little boy is supposed to be here first. How could I care whether it was a boy or a girl? It's a beautiful healthy child of God. Ours!
 


3 comments:

  1. This is really sweet, Anna. We're happy for all of you--all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest ever! I'm serious about going to lunch! I'll text you so we can figure out a day!

    ReplyDelete